Merchant and Marketing Industry News
Jupiter Research . CyberAtlas . Advertising Research Foundation
Forrester Research . eMarketer . Neiles/Netratings
Merchant Account Banking News
In our efforts to assist you in your success, we have compiled a resource directory that we feel can help better educdate you on the current effective strategies of direct internet marketing as well as terms to better understand our website. In addition, we have assembled several links to various research agencies, that can allow you to understand buying trends and how to capitalize on them. In addition, there are many references to companies that can provide you with Opt-In Mailing lists and other tools that can help you become more successful in Direct Internet Marketing.
Merchant Banking Statistics - 2014
- Jupiter Research predicts that 95% of U.S. Population Will Shop Online by 2018
- Over 88% of all Internet payments are made by credit card
- Online Shoppers will increase by 5 million per year for the next 5 years
- 40% of households do not have a credit card
- 10 million households without credit cards are online
- 74.6 million Internet check transactions in 2011
- 233 million Internet check transactions in 2012
- Over 450 million Internet check transactions in 2013
- There are 185 million consumers with credit cards
- 500 million bank credit cards are in circulation in North America
- 700 million retail credit cards are in circulation in North America
- There are a total of 1.2 billion credit + retail cards in North America
- Over 1.1 million checks bounce in the US every day
- Small merchants are growing by 50,000 a month
- More than 150 to 200 million credit cards are issued annually in North America since 2010
- U.S. Credit Card Penetration Rate: 81% of Households have at least one credit card
- A merchant account can increase your sales potential by 400% by accepting credit cards online.
- Internet transactions will account for 10% of total US Retail Transactions expected to top $229 billion by 2018
- Statistics show Internet surfers are getting comfortable purchasing with credit cards online. Currently, 85% of Internet sales are placed by credit card.
- High risk merchant account credit card processing analysts estimate that 9 out of 10 people use merchant account credit card processing for their online orders."
- U.S. consumers average purchase with credit card: $82.00.This average has grown from $81.08 to $81.94
- Retail card numbers have risen by 16% between 2011 and 2013, down from 28% during the review period. However, cards will be used more frequently, with the volume of transactions expected to increase by 21.7% by 2016
- Debit cards are gaining wide acceptance from both businesses and consumers. Debit cards will substitute over 50% of check and 10% cash payments in less than five years
- Small businesses expect to earn $4 for every $1 they spend on their web sites.
- According to the Nilson Report, a research group, found that in 2001 32% of consumers used credit cards for purchases. That was up from 19% a decade earlier. It figures the percentage will reach 48% by 2011
- According to a new study from Jupiter Research, the paid content market will grow at an annual rate of more than 20 percent until 2007, when it will be worth USD5.4 billion.
- By the end of 2003, 25 percent of the expected $37.5 billion in Internet retail sales, not including autos, will originated on affiliate sites according to Jupiter Communications.
Jupiter provides its business-to-business and business-to-consumer clients with comprehensive views of industry trends, accurate forecasts and today's best practices, all backed by proprietary data.
Research a wide range of topics associated with internet commerce.
Advertising Research Foundation
A nonprofit corporate-membership association which is today the preeminent professional organization in the field of advertising, marketing and media research.
Forrester is a leading independent research firm that analyzes the future of technology change and its impact on businesses, consumers, and society.
A great resource for news and stats concerning the internet.
Measurement software in partnership with Nielsen Media Research that is used as a basis for market and trend analysis.
Market Research Links - Links to the most respected and established Market Research Firms in America. You can learn more about trends and strategy here than almost anywhere else.
Merchant accounts can help a businesses increase sales 500% or more each year. We offer a direct merchant account with a fast approval and NO COST - LOWEST RATES - LOWEST FEES to set up. Click here to apply for your FREE MERCHANT ACCOUNT TODAY! No, there is no fee for processing your on-line application. We will meet or beat your existing rate or we will send you $100.00.*
Get Your Free Merchant Account Today!
* must provide previous processing statements for review and verification